Sunday, September 18, 2011

Broken

A beautiful Dream, scattered into pieces. Now I walk alone. Surrounded by wishes, and thoughts. We were so close to what could have been, and now it will never be.

Im alone, In a movie theater, at the pier by the ocean, or even a simple sandwhich shop, I'm tortured by the haunted memories of when we were together. These places remind me of you. I still hear your voice, but I can't see your face. Im alone.

And now I walk alone. Down and down a never ending staircase, Chasing what used to be. Looking behind closed doors, calling out your name. Echoes.. I Keep walking alone.

I start too run, alone. Outside, Into a blizzard. windy, freezing, wet. I open my eyes, and the sunlight stings my skin. The dryness cracks the ground around me. I fall into another memory of you. But I'm still alone

Now I remember, You walk outside alone, leaving me alone. I look through the window and see your taillights fading into the snowy night. I stand in the house alone. I call out your name, Echoes..

I close my eyes now, And I run outside into the snow, chasing you. running as fast as I can away from the loneliness. I call your name, and I see the brake lights in the distance barely recognizable in the snowy darkness. I catch up. As soon as I get to the drivers side door, I look inside too tell you Im sorry. But before I see your face, My eyes open up, And I am still Alone. Very, Very, Very Alone.. In the room where you left me, wishing I had chased you.

2 comments:

  1. So full of regret. And regret is such a strong emotion. I seriously believe this. It's beautifully written. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some wicked descriptive images. The never ending staircase. The echoes. The blizzard.

    The ending was fantastic. "In the room where you left me, wishing I had chased you."

    It makes me think of my favorite movie of all time, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

    ReplyDelete